Saturday, July 16, 2016

Day 9

Hi its' A.J.,
Today we woke up at 7:20, which is very late. We did not have time to take a shower and ended up late to breakfast. After we scarfed down breakfast, I had to go to the bathroom at a very inopportune time which made me late to the school.  Instead of taking my daypack today, I took my fannypack, when I got to the school I opened my fanypack and ravioli spilled out.[inside joke -ed.]

We started shoveling gravel and moving it. Then we started mixing cement and laying it out. We finished work and then Jack and I went to have lunch which was rice and chicken. After lunch we went to someone home who had a coconut tree for fresh coconuts. We watched a young man go up the tree and throw a few down for us. When he came down the tree he used a huge knife to open them for us. They were really good. We didn't work much after the coconuts but watched the final installments of cement.

Hi its Jack,
Today in the afternoon we did the A.N.C.H.O.R., then we went home for dinner, it was Ramen, A.J. and I had a lot. After dinner A.J. and I were playing with some children. A.J. was chasing a couple of the children in the kitchen, and he chased one of the children, he was about two, into the fridge. The child hit is head, and started crying. The other child he was chasing was running out the door, but when he was going up the stairs he ran into one of our homestay sisters, Melissa. He fell, but was ok.
Now we are here at Randall's house trying to write the blog. We all showed up and had an impromptu game of limbo!  Good night from Guatemala!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy! Sounds like you two had an interesting day...glad to know you've maintained a sense of humor through it! Here's hoping you got up on time and got that shower in today! I hope you're recording this in your journal; years from now you'll want the laugh the memories will bring. Miss you and love you!

Jenkins Family!! said...

Those coconuts remind me of those days on my Island of Trinidad & Tobago. I hope you all ate the jelly after drinking the water, it actually the best part. Continue to have an experience of a lifetime. Love you and miss you Amanda!!!

Jenkins Family!! said...

Those coconuts remind me of those days on my Island of Trinidad & Tobago. I hope you all ate the jelly after drinking the water, it actually the best part. Continue to have an experience of a lifetime. Love you and miss you Amanda!!!

Post a Comment