Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 2











Hello from Belize! After a long bus ride from the airport (with a stop for lunch with excellent cool drinks) we made it to the beautiful Chaa creek lodge. We walked in the woods to find our lodgings in the Macal river camp. We met our guides Randall and Juan and they explained the rules of the camp and we had a delicious dinner. AJ and Jack were awesome at spotting homes in the ground for furry tarantula friends and Learta, Kallie, and Amanda noticed the complete darkness of the rain forest at night. Sanjna slept with no problems to the pitter-pater of the occasional rain on the roof. Mrs. Barnett and Ms Martin listened to the howling of the howler monkeys in the trees!   - Barnett

Martin:
We've made it to day two! Our first night in Belize was very relaxing as we were all exhausted after a long day of traveling . Today we started our morning with breakfast which included fresh fruit, tortillas, eggs , bacon , guacamole and a bean purée. After breakfast we went to the local flea market where we bought some souvenirs . We just left the Mayan ruins which were absolutely breath taking, they were said to be built in 700 A.D. If you ever get the chance to visit Belize , you have to visit the ruins because words can not describe how beautiful it is.

Moms and Dads - all of the kids are enjoying themselves and each other . They are really bonding well together. After today , we are going to allow a post a day from individual students 
(if we are in an area with service).


Kallie- Hi mommy I just wanted to tell you that i really really miss you and I am having a great time. I wanted to remind you to keep your phone on and answer any call even if you don't recognize the number because it might be me calling you from a different phone. I love you across all the universes and I am keeping you in my thoughts as i know you are keeping me in your thoughts and preys. I love you so so so so so so much!

1 comments:

MamaSchildge123 said...

@ Kallie: I love you and I am very proud of you. Have fun!

Post a Comment